Follow the smell of freshly baked bread and you will find yourself at the doorstep of endless possibilities. Fresh baked bread, right out of the oven is in itself a treasure beyond comparison and an experience everybody deserves to have atleast once in their life. Even more incredible is what you can do with it – rustle up a comforting sandwich or a gourmet one, serve with sides of delicious dips, make yourself a picnic with cheese, meat and roasted fruit, layer up some kickass crostini, bake a lovely caramelised asian style toast.. sky is the limit. But imagine knowing that the bread you baked yourself, is healthy, nutritious and includes whole grain..
You guys loved the Real Breads Workshop and asked for more. So we now bring back to you Real Breads and this time, with Whole Wheat Breads. Just as usual, this time too the class will end with a feast so we can learn to eat the fresh bread in ways that go beyond bread and butter. While the fresh out of the oven milk bread needs nothing but a pat of creamy butter, imagine labneh balls preserved in olive oil with fresh home made pita. Or the pita stuffed with flavourful tabouleh and roasted aubergine. Crusty warm bread, fresh from the oven dipped in olive oil and balsamic or made into a lovely BLT sandwich…
Come attend our ‘Real Breads – Whole Wheat Breads’ workshop, to discover breads. Learn to bake them but also find new ways of experiencing them.
1. Learn three traditional recipes with which you can bake amazing bread at home –
- Whole Wheat Pita – The classic middle eastern bread. Warm, soft and fluffy, once you eat the oven fresh ones, you will never purchase another pita again
- Crusty Everyday Boules – Super simple bread, great for an everyday bread because of how easy it is. The shocker is that its as delicious.
- Soft Whole Wheat Milk Bread with the Tangzhong technique – Tough to beat the Japanese at many things. This super soft moist milk bread loves butter. We will sneak in some whole wheat into it too.
And because food must be fun as well as creative, at our workshop, we will help you add your own personal touch to each dish you make. Stay with the classic version we teach or turn it up a notch by experimenting with flavorings and shapes to create your own signature bread.
2. Wrap up with a fun tapas style party because in our kitchen, hardwork is always rewarded. Pair the breads you just baked yourself, with an assortment of delicious salads, cold cuts, cheeses, nuts, dips, roast vegetables, and join us to discover the fabulous combinations that breads can lend themselves to. And oh yes, do bring your wine along!!
The workshop will be run in our domestic kitchen, so anything we do together you can do at home. The group size will be kept small and intimate so we can all share, discuss, experiment and indulge in plenty of food talk. Lots of hands-on learning, kneading, shaping, tasting, drinking and plenty of the fruits of your labour to take home. Its our idea of a party. If its yours too, reserve your spot quickly.
A 304, Gurudrishti, MTNL Lane, MHADA Four Bungalows, Andheri West – 400058. (Landmark: Same lane as Goa Portuguesa, End of MTNL lane).
Workshop 1: 11th May, 10:30PM to 4:30PM
Workshop 2: 18th May, 10:30PM to 4:30PM
Workshop 3: 19th May, 10:30PM to 4:30PM (Updated to reflect another date open for registrations due to request)
How much does it cost?
Rs 3000 per head for learning 3 traditional breads, 6 hours of baking fun and the culminating tapas and wine party with a great group of foodies
Reserving your spot
To reserve a spot email us (email@example.com) with which date you are interested in attending the workshop or call me (Reshmy) at 9819024086.
Here is are reviews and pictures from last times workshop