This is so exciting! People, listen up. Do yourself a favour. Run to the liquor store if you do not have good quality whisky at home and blend up this crazily easy peasy little fellow. Please please, be kind to yourself and give this a shot. It will knock your socks off. Blow your mind off. Make you jump with glee. You will be impressed with yourself. Grateful to me. Giggle with sillies. Preen with pride. But surely, you will end up drunk.
Honestly, I can’t get over how making this is so simple and yet so perfect. I hate hate hate whisky. (Blame my debauched design school days soaked in spurious whisky or god knows what liquor). Don’t even look at it if I can help it. Maybe that’s why didn’t I think of it before. It took for me to stumble on this discussion on the Chowhound site to figure this recipe. Brilliant!! Not buying another bottle of Irish Creme again. EVER!!
- 1 C. light cream (Amul is fine)
- 400 ml sweetened condensed milk (Milkmaid to the rescue)
- 1 & ⅔ c. Irish whiskey (I used a Canadian one I had at home)
- 1 tsp. instant coffee (Nescafe ofcourse)
- 2 Tbsp. Hershey's chocolate syrup ( I just melted some chocolate in the microwave)
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and for 30 seconds. Bottle in a tightly sealed container and refrigerate. Will keep for up to 2 months. Shake before using.
Just to warm you…you may now see a lot of Irish Creme based recipe coming your way..