This one is so damn exciting that we have made this every single day since we discovered it 5 days ago!! A desert that anyone can whip up at a moments notice. Creamy. Melt-in-your-mouth. Smooth. Delicious. Healthy. I was actually jumping up and down and whopping in delight when I first discovered this actually worked!
No sugar. No cream. No butter. No baking. No cooking. No microwaving…. Just a beautiful-satin smooth textured dessert.
One secret ingredient.
1. B A N A N A S.
2. S L I C E and F R E E Z E.
3. B L E N D
That’s all. You have instant, no-fuss, deliciously smooth I C E C R E A M.
- I know it’s tough to get excited about plain old bananas but do give this a go. The texture of the ‘ice-cream’ is what makes it incredible. Exactly like smoooooth soft serve. Each time I make this, I need to pinch myself. And I don’t even like bananas.
- This works best in a blender. My guess is that the blender blade (that looks something like this) in a mixie should work too but the others may not.
- The bananas need to be frozen hard.
- The flavour is ‘banana-ee’. I find that caramel and nuts go beautifully with this.
- I am toy-ing with adding a teaspoon of cream/coconut milk but worried it will loosen the ice cream up. As is, this is firm enough for you to stand your spoon in!
- I can think of some more ideas to play with – Nutmeg and lemon juice, Peanut butter and jelly swirled through, a spoonful of Nutella swirled in, lemon zest and coconut flakes, chocolate chips thrown in at the very end…
- Given that this has become a staple at our house, will definitely to vary it with more flavour combinations. Ideas anyone?